TWD: Kugelhopf


This is my second TWD post and when I first saw this recipe I was a little hesitant to make it. I've never really worked with yeast before and was afraid that it wouldn't rise. So I was pretty sure that I was going to skip this week but then I was thinking that one of the main reasons of me joining the group was so that I would be able to bake outside my comfort zone. This was definitely outside my comfort zone so I decided to try it and see how it turned out. If you'd like the recipe then check out The All-purpose Girl.

Lets just say that I'm glad I tried this recipe. It turned out really well! Although I did deviate from the instructions a bit. What can I say, I don't follow directions well. I made mine in a jumbo muffin pan and I was able to get 6 muffins out of the recipe.


I used dried cranberries (I will be using more next time because as you can see below there weren't that many to be found!) instead of raisins because that's what I had and I ended up using more flour because my dough was too sticky and wasn't coming together. I also didn't let the dough rise for as long as she suggest in the book. Like I said I don't follow directions well.


Since my place is usually cold, I decided that the dough would rise better in my laundry closet. I happened to be doing laundry so the heat from the dryer really helped my dough rise. That's why I didn't let it rise for as long as called for after it came out of the fridge. It didn't need it and I didn't want to wait anymore. I guess I'm not really patient either......

Enjoy and check out what other bakers have done this week!

Comments

Pam said…
It looks reallyu good. I like the addition of cranberries. The plate is really cute too.
Jennifer said…
That looks tender and delish!
Great job. I love the big cupcakes!
AmyRuth said…
They look really lovely. Great Job
AmyRuth
Jaime said…
glad you baked out of your comfort zone, you got a beautiful crumb!

oh, and i always use my oven as a proofing box (see my post on the cinnamon rolls)

Popular Posts