Guacamole


Remember that lime I was talking about the other day? Well it was destined for this guacamole. I say was because when I sliced it open to juice it I discovered that it was bone dry! I couldn't even get one drop of juice out if it!!! Good thing I still had lemons from TJ's so I just used that instead.

I picked up a guacamole kit at TJ's when I was there. It was cheaper than getting the pre-made stuff so I decided to get it. I love the kit because it includes everything that you need to make really yummy guacamole (with the exception of the little lime incident). This was really easy to put together because all you need to do is chop everything and juice the lime (or lemon in my case).

Guacamole

2 Haas avocados
1 Roma tomato
2 cloves of garlic
1 shallot
1 jalapeno
1 lime
salt

Chop everything except the lime and mix together in a large bowl. I only added half the jalapeno because I don't like things too spicy. Make sure that you remove all the seeds and veins from the jalapeno if you don't want it too spicy. That is where most of the heat comes from. Juice the lime and add it to the guacamole. Season with salt to taste.

Chopped garlic and shallots


Chopped tomatoes and jalapeno

Chopped avacado


Enjoy!

Comments

Jaime said…
mmmmm i love guacamole! i've never tried adding shallots to mine though. wish they weren't so expensive. they're pretty cheap at TJ's, i think...but i don't live near one :(
Jennifer said…
You know how to make Guacamole! the right way! I love it!
test it comm said…
Guacamole is so easy to make at home and so good!

Popular Posts