Loaded Mashed Potatoes


I love mashed potatoes! More specifically I love my mashed potatoes. I mean what's not to love about potatoes with garlic and cheese?? I used the roasted garlic I made the other day but if you don't have any you can just peel a couple of cloves and stick them in with the potatoes while they are boiling.

Generally I just add cheese and garlic to my mashed potatoes but this time I wanted to make it similar to a baked potato. I added sour cream and bacon bits and I think it turned out really good. No gravy is needed for these mashed potatoes. They are perfect just the way they are.


Loaded Mashed Potatoes

7 medium sized potatoes (I used half red and half yukon gold because that's what I had)
1/2 cup milk (If the potatoes are too dry then add more until you get a desired consistency)
2 tablespoons butter
6 cloves roasted garlic or 3 cloves garlic
1/4 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar
Seasoning salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup bacon bits

Cube the potatoes and boil them in a pot of water over medium high until they are tender. I don't peel my potatoes but you can if you don't like the skin. I cut mine into small cubes so that they take less time to cook. You can tell that they are tender when you can poke them with a knife or fork and there is no resistance.

When the potatoes are done drain off all the water and return the pot to the stove. Lower the heat to low and add the butter, milk and roasted garlic. Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes until you get your desired consistency. I'm ok with a few lumps in my potatoes. I think it gives it more texture.

Add the sour cream and mix well. Then add the cheese and mix until it is completely melted. Add the seasoning salt and pepper to taste. You can now mix in the bacon bits or you can sprinkle it on top. I chose to sprinkle it on top because I like the contrast of the crunchy bacon and creamy potatoes.

Serve and enjoy!

Comments

Jennifer said…
Yummy, those are my kind of mashed potatoes!
MaryBeth said…
Me too, I would love a big helping of those. YUMMO!!
Melissa said…
I LOVE mashed potatoes. The garlic in these must make them extra good!
Robin said…
Oh man do I love loaded potatoes! We also love baked potatoes with everything on them and I mean evrything!

Popular Posts