Thai Red Curry


I had dinner guests on Friday and decided that my Thai red curry would be the perfect meal for a cold fall night. I was worried that they wouldn't like it but the did! Yay! I had lots of leftovers so I decided to share with others. B liked it and I was really surprised at that. I didn't expect him to like it but he said it was really good. Jo liked it too. I'm happy that everyone seemed to like my curry.

I found this recipe on the back of a coconut milk can a few years ago. I changed it and added a few things. I don't even remember the exact measurements so it's a little different every time. I use less red curry paste because I don't like things spicy. So if you like things spicy then feel free to add more. It's a pretty simple recipe and doesn't take much time to put together.

Sorry I don't have all the usual pictures but I was in a rush to put it together before they came over. Let me know if you need any clarification on any of the instructions.

I forgot to include the onion in my picture. Opps! That's what happens when you are in a rush to make dinner!



Thai Red Curry
By Amy

2 cans (13.5 oz each) coconut milk
1 can (20 oz) bamboo shoots
2 chicken breasts
1/4 cup fish sauce
3 potatoes
1 onion
1 tablespoon red curry paste

In a large sauce pan over medium heat combine the coconut milk and red curry paste. Mix until well combined, stirring occasionally. While the mixture is heating cut the chicken breasts into 1/2 inch chunks. Cut the onion into 1/2 chunks as well. Once the milk mixture is heated add the chicken, onions, and fish sauce.

Meanwhile, pierce the 3 potatoes with a fork. Microwave the potatoes until they are almost cooked though. You will know when they are almost done when a fork or knife will go into the potato easily but is met with a little resistance. I cooked mine for about 5 minutes. Let the potatoes cool slightly before you handle them. Cut the potatoes into 1/2 inch chunks. (What I like to do is mash a few pieces so that the curry will thicken slightly, but it's not necessary.)

Add the potatoes and bamboo shoots to the curry mixture. (I like to rinse my bamboo shoots before adding them to get the can taste off of them.)

Cook until the chicken and onions are cooked. (I let mine cook for about 20 minutes more after adding the potatoes and bamboo.)

Serve with rice and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts