Easy Baked Beans


I've been craving some good baked beans and now that it's fall it's the perfect time for this recipe. It's good with rice, crackers or tortilla chips. I haven't made this in a while and since I had everything on had and wanted an easy dinner last night I decided to go with this. I'm not sure where the recipe came from but we've made it for years. I only made a few changes to it, so for the most part it's still the original recipe.

Baked Beans

2 cans (16.5 oz each) baked beans

1 pound ground beef

1/2 of a large green pepper, chopped

1/2 of a large sweet onion, chopped (I always use sweet onions but you could use a regular yellow onion)

1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce

1/3 cup water

2 teaspoon vinegar

1 teaspoon brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Brown ground beef in a large pan. Once brown drain off any liquid. Then add green pepper and onion, cook for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables are slightly soft. Stir together tomato sauce, water, vinegar, brown sugar and salt and add to the ingredients in your pan. (If you like more sauce you might want to double the sauce recipe. My meat mixture was a little dry so I added more water, brown sugar, salt and about 1/4 cup of ketchup.) Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.

Spread the baked beans on the bottom of a 9 by 13 baking pan. Top with the ground beef mixture. Bake for 45 minutes. Let cool for about 5 minutes before serving.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts