The Famous NY Times Chocolate Chip Cookies - Part II


So 24 hours has passed and it's now time to try these famous cookies in part II of III! Yay! Let me say that it was worth the wait! I'm sure that tomorrow they will be even better, at least that's what people say, but if they aren't I wouldn't be the least bit disappointed. These were some of the best chocolate chip cookies, if not the best that I've had ever! I know that's a bold statement but unless you've tried these you don't know what you are missing out on. I loved that it was crispy around the edges and soft and chewy in the middle. Mine might have been a little under baked in the middle because of their size, but I liked it like that.

I really liked the fact that the chocolate wasn't overly sweet. Don't get me wrong I love chocolate but sometimes I find that with regular chocolate chip cookies there are too many chocolate chips and it's overly sweet. I'm glad that I didn't add all the recommended chocolate because I think that it would have been way too much. My cookies had the right proportion of cookie to chocolate. If you like more chocolate than feel free to add more.

The recipe calls for you to sprinkle sea salt on the cookie before baking. I only tried this on one cookie because I wasn't sure if I would like it or not. I didn't really notice that big of a difference between the one that had salt on it and that one that didn't. I may try it again with salt on top tomorrow and see if anyone notices a difference, but I don't think that the extra salt is really necessary for just me.

NY Times Chocolate Chip Cookie Instructions - Continued

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.

Scoop a generous golf ball size mound of dough onto the baking sheet, making sure to turn horizontally any chocolate pieces that are poking up; it will make for a more attractive cookie. (I didn't turn my chocolate pieces and so mine didn't look that pretty so I may try turning them tomorrow. I used a number 15 size cookie scoop. I love these cookie scoops because they make uniform cookies.)


Look at how big these are!!! (Please ignore my yucky looking silpat, I've had it for years and should really start using my new ones but now it's like an old friend and I don't want to get rid of it.)


Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and bake until golden brown but still soft, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer sheet to a wire rack for 10 minutes, then slip cookies onto another rack to cool a bit more. Repeat with remaining dough or reserve dough, refrigerated, for baking remaining batches the next day.
In the oven

I hope that those tops flatten out!

Back in the fridge for tomorrow

Thank goodness those tops flattened out! It would have been embarrassing to have dome shaped cookies! Not that there's anything wrong with that......

Cooling.......how much longer do I have to wait??!!


Eat warm and enjoy!

Comments

Pam said…
They look fantastic. I love that you added a bit of sea salt to the top.
Leslie said…
Yum Yum Yum..I love to add sea salt to the top of my chocolate chip and my peanut butter cookies!
Anonymous said…
My dough was to hard to use a cookie scoop. Did you let it warm up a little bit before scooping?

I sprinkled a little fleur de sel on the tops of mine and I really liked it!

Popular Posts