Yummy Layered Pesto Spread


So I needed to find something to bring the Ryan's housewarming and I thought what about my yummy pesto spread. I havn't made it in a while and it has all the things that I love. Goat cheese, pesto and sundried tomatoes. It's pretty simple to make. The hardest part is getting the layers to look nice. It's hard to spread the cheese mixture on top of the sundried tomatoes and on top of the pesto. So sometimes if I'm feeling lazy I just mix everything together instead of bothering with the layer. I usually serve this with crackers or bread. I'm sure this would also be good with veggies.

On the left is everything mixed together and on the right is the layered spread

Layered Pesto Spread

1 8 ounce package of lowfat cream cheese, softened

6 ounces goat cheese, softened

2 cloves of garlic, crushed

1/3 cup oil packed sundried tomatoes, drained and diced

1/3 cup pesto

Mix the cream cheese, goat cheese and crushed garlic together until evenly incorporated.

Get a clear glass bowl or in this case I used 2 mini triffle dishes. If doing it in a bowl I would divide the mixture into thirds so you have enough for each layer. If you want to do it in the mini triffle dishes like I did then divide it into sixths. Start with a layer of the cheese and smooth it out in the bottom of the bowl then sprinkle the on diced sundried tomatoes. Layer with more of the cheese mixture and spread it out smooth. Spread pesto on top of the cheese mixture and cover with the remaining cheese mixture.

Chill for at least a hour and serve with crackers or bread.

Comments

Popular Posts