Double Chocolate Chunk Brownies


I was craving something with chocolate in it and I thought what about brownies. I haven't made them in a while so I thought it was about time for some. I found a basic recipe here and made a few changes. I mean extra chocolate can't be bad can it? I decided that it needed some chocolate chips and I had some white chocolate chunks so I thought why not throw some of those in too. These brownies are SO good! I like how the chocolate sank to the bottom and gives it a little crunchy texture when you take a bite. If you don't want your chips and chunks to sink then coat them in a little flour before mixing them in and they shouldn't sink to the bottom. I put in less sugar than called for because figured the extra chocolate would compensate for the missing sugar. I'm glad I did use less sugar because I think it would have been too sweet for my liking.

Brownies before going into the oven


Fresh brownies right out of the oven




Double Chocolate Chunk Brownies

1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
2/3 cup unbleached AP flour
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
4 large room temperature eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 salt
generous 1/2 cup chocolate chips
generous 1/2 cup white chocolate chunks

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Butter and flour a 9" square pan. (A tip I learned a long time ago is to use the butter wrappers to butter the pan because it has plenty of butter on it still. I also used some cocoa power instead of the flour.)

Melt the butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Once melted remove from heat and stir in the sugar. Then mix in eggs one at a time until completely incorporated. Then add the vanilla.

Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. (I sifted them all together into the sauce pan because I was worried about the lumps in the cocoa powder.) Slowly stir together until smooth and you can no longer see the flour. Stir in chocolate chips and chunks. I reserved some of each to sprinkle on top.

Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with reserved chocolate if you saved some.

Bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Cool brownies and then enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts