Fauxcaccia


Fauxcaccia is like focaccia except not really. Generally the dough contains yeast and you need to let it rise. But Fauxcaccia has no yeast and it super simple. This is the second time that I've made it. The first time was good, but not great so I decided to try it again with a few changes. This time was better but I think it still might need a few little changes to make it great. Like I said though it's super simple and takes about 5 mins to mix together.

If you don't have bread flour you can use all AP flour. The first time I made this I used all AP flour but I think I prefer the combination of the flours. I also topped it with some oil packed sundried tomatoes. I would recommend draining the tomatoes well if you plan on using them otherwise it will be too oily.

Before baking: Sundried tomato on the left and plain cheese and herb on the right.

After baking: sundried tomato

After baking: cheese and herb



Fauxcaccia

2 cups AP flour
1 cup bread flour
1 1/2 cups water
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoons + a pinch of salt.
1 teaspoons dried italian herbs plus 1/2 teaspoon for sprinkling
2 tablespoons parm cheese plus extra for sprinkling
Olive oil

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Mix all ingredients together except for extra herbs and cheese for sprinkling and oil.

Lightly oil a silpat lined baking sheet or just a sheet pan if you don't have silpat. Pour mixture onto pan and spread dough into 1/2 inch thickness. Drizzle oil over top and sprinkle with herbs and cheese.

Bake in oven for 20-25 mins or until golden brown.

Cool slightly and cut into strips or squares.

Comments

Popular Posts