It's that time of year again.....pumpkin time!


My way cool pumpkin sitting next to his former innards that have been roasted

Yesterday Jo and I decided to carve some pumpkins. I know it's still early for Halloween but she convinced me that it's better to carve one now and carve one closer to Halloween. After a little thought I decided that she was right! Now this way I can carve one with her and carve one with B later on.

So after we got the pumpkins back to her house we decided that they needed to get a bath. Mine more so than hers. After they were clean we proceeded to carve them. While we were carving her cat decided that he needed to come and investigate what we were doing. He is one of the cutest cats ever! Such a silly little guy too. Well anyways he started sniffing around and then he started to LICK the top of her pumpkin that she had cut off. He was really enjoying that stuff. So much so that he kept licking it and then proceeded to move on to the whole pumpkin itself! He stuck his head in it and sniffed around a little then started licking the cut edges. All the while she was taking pictures of him with her super duper camera that's WAY better than mine.

The whole time we were carving her cute puppy was sitting patiently wait and hoping that scraps would fall her way. Ok maybe Annie isn't a puppy, but that's what I call most dogs so she is to me! Anyways Annie was patient like usual so I decided to give her a few chunks from my pumpkin. (Maybe it was more than a few chunks but shhh! Don't tell her mom!) She seemed to like it too!


Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

Seeds from one pumpkin that have been cleaned and rinsed. (I dried mine over night but I don't think that it's necessary.)
Oil for drizzling (I used olive oil)
Kosher Salt

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

Place your pumpkin seeds on a sheet pan. Drizzle with some oil just until lightly coated. Sprinkle with a little bit of salt and spread out in a single layer. You can use more or less depending on your taste. I used about a pinch because I didn't want it to be too salty.

Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Make sure that you stir it about every 5 minutes so that it cooks evenly and doesn't burn.

Let cool and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts